Areas of Practice
I have in-depth experience helping with the following:
- Chronic insomnia and nightmares
- Anxiety, depression, and stress management
- Addiction and substance use
- LGBTQ+ matters, including identity, shame, and coming out
- Psychosis and concurrent disorders
- Workplace and caregiver stress
- Major life transitions related to aging, illness, and family
The core of my approach to counselling and therapy is non-judgmental, integrative, collaborative, and strengths-focused. My philosophy is informed by an anti-oppressive lens which centers on your worldview and the belief that multiple truths can exist simultaneously.
Our beliefs, assumptions, and the words we use to describe our feelings, ourselves, and others are incredibly powerful. It’s important to remember that all of these are shaped by experiences within relationships, community, and society–for better or worse.
Counselling can help situate our stories in a larger context and provide opportunities to collaboratively find new vantage points to see and address our difficulties.
While it may not solve all problems, counselling can effectively help you reduce the distress, discomfort, or fear you might be experiencing with a life challenge and help you turn your inner resources towards hopefulness and change.
Therapy is not just focused on problems. We also focus on solutions, change, new knowledge, and empowering you to re-focus on strengths, resiliency, and what you want more of from your life.
I draw on a variety of evidence-based therapeutic approaches based on your goals, past experiences, and my counselling knowledge. A few approaches we may explore are:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-i)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction and Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy
- Solution-Focused Brief Therapy
- Person-centred Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Positive Psychology and Coaching
Ready to get started? Connect with me for a complimentary and confidential initial consultation.